Sabre Towers and Poles is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply for any position we currently have open. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. If you need assistance completing the application process, please contact us toll free at 800-369-6690.
Sr. Structural Detailer
Sioux City, IA
- Prepares detail and assembly drawings, bills of material, and design layouts based on engineering specifications.
- Checks the accuracy, technical content, and adherence to instructions and tolerances on all drawings and the adequacy of design layouts.
- Corrects or supervises the revisions of drawings and bills of material.
- Releases projects to the production floor after drawings have been corrected and/or revised.
- Trains new personnel.
- Assists with supervising the work of other drafters involved in producing required drawings.
- Troubleshoots errors that occur in the shop during fabrication or in the field during installation.
- Informs drafting personnel of new drafting standards and procedures and assists in the creation of new drafting standards and policies.
- Confers with Engineering, Production, Purchasing and Quality Control on design implementation of drawings.
- Successful candidate must possess an Associate's degree in Architectural Construction Engineering or related field, along with 5-10 years' experience in a technical and administrative capacity.
- Candidates with experience in designing and detailing self-support and guyed towers are preferred.
- Must possess a solid understanding of manufacturing and assembly operations, material and other related manufacturing processes.
- Must be analytical with creative problem solving capabilities.
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment, along with strong time management skills.
- Candidates must have working knowledge of AutoCAD 3D, or Autodesk Inventor and Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
August 25, 2014
Fabricator - STP
Sioux City, IA
Qualified individual will be responsible to perform the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determine sequence of operations by reading and studying blueprints, specifications, and work orders.
- Prepare items for fabrication by lying out and marking holes, cut lines, and other markings.
- Move materials from one work location.
- Perform work in indoor and outdoor environments as needed.
- Contribute to a safe working environment by being responsible for quality, safety, organization, and cleanliness in your area of operation.
Successful candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent along with 2-4 years recent fabrication experience. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively within all levels of a team environment and be able to work in an indoor and/or outdoor environment. Candidates must be able to occasionally lift up to 75 pounds, exerting up to 30 pounds of force. Compliance with safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals is a must!
August 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
- Effectively manages site supervisors and subcontractors to ensure efficient and effective workforce utilization. Develops plans that are appropriate, comprehensive and effective in the scheduling of crews and subcontractors for the successful completion of work.
- Communicates and meets with the customers on a regular basis providing continual updates regarding project status and issues to effectively manage customer expectations
- Develops and grows customer relationships to expand market share and build market recognition.
- Understands and educates internal staff and subcontractors for all customer requirements, scopes, deliverables and timelines.
- Actively manages job costs to meet or exceed budget for direct and indirect expenses. Understands and analyzes all daily, weekly and monthly financial, status, labor and other job related reports to effectively control costs and maximize profitability.
- Provides crews, site supervisors and subcontractors with required documentation to complete jobs and tasks effectively including, but not limited to – work orders, scope of work, construction drawings, bill of materials, customer timelines; and customer required status and closeout documentation requirements.
- Accountable for jobs and tasks being completed on time with high quality, on or ahead of budget.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of general administrative work including daily reports, safety reports, purchase order requests, change order requests, and invoice requests, customer status and closeout documentation.
- Accountable for ensuring all employees receive required applicable training including FAA/FCC, Competent Climber, Tower Rescue, OSHA, EME Awareness, CPR/First Aid, FOM and DOT.
- Manages all aspects of subcontractor relations (qualification, negotiation, selection, evaluation, performance, etc.).
- Communicates oral and written information accurately, concisely, and in a form appropriate to the target audience.
- Consistently strives to create, develop and implement additional procedures, systems, programs, and processes aimed at continuous improvement, quality, and customer enhancement.
- Functions proactively and persistently in the face of obstacles/change establishing both short-term and long-term operations and customer service strategies to meet present and future project needs.
- Understands and complies with all company policies and procedures as well as additional legal regulatory requirements.
Successful candidate will have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Business, along with 5 plus years recent experience in project management and customer service. Candidates with experience in the communication tower construction industry are preferred. Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills, along with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while contributing to the success of the team. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office products such as Word, Outlook, and Excel. Must be able to travel and stay overnight, and have the ability to work in an outdoor environment with exposure to the elements of nature under normal construction conditions.
August 25, 2014